This is the rice from the chicken tikka masala recipe. I’ve broken it out to it’s own page otherwise I have trouble finding it!
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and bashed
1 cinnamon stick
4 cardamom pods
1 cupful rice per person
- Fry the onion gently until softened, then add the garlic.
- Add the spices and stir, allowing them to warm.
- Add the rice and a generous sprinkle of salt, stir will to coat the rice in the spiced oil. Top up the pan with three times the amount of water to rice. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cover the pan and allow to simmer for ten minutes – do not lift the lid.
- Turn off the heat and leave for a further ten minutes, leaving the lid on.
- Stir through with a fork and grind over plenty of black pepper. If you have any left over from the curry, throw in some parsley too.