A quick and easy dinner, colourful and tasty. An a darned good excuse to try out my new knife! Tender egg, fresh parsley, meaty chorizo and sweet onion in one parcel. Partnered with a rocket and chard salad, drizzled with a brisk dressing inspired by Wagamama this is great meal for a dinner in a rush.
Chorizo omelette (serves 2):
4 eggs, beaten and seasoned
2 tablespoons parsley
100g chorizo, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
For the salad:
Mixed leaves (I used rocket and red chard)
For the salad dressing:
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Fry the onion in a little butter and oil until soft.
- Add the chorizo and continue frying until it releases it’s orangey juices. Remove the chorizo and onion from the pan to one side.
- In the same pan add the eggs and 1 tablespoon of parsley. Heat until the bottom starts to set and add the chorizo and onion back to the pan.
- Fold in half and allow to cook for a minute more or until done how you like it. Sprinkle the remaining parsley over.
- For the salad dressing, whisk it all together until lightly emulsified and drizzle over the leaves.