An open confession: I arrived home to this hearty treat as a dish prepared by Mrs Roast Potato and eldest New Potato (is that metaphor too tortured?). Regardless, I present it here on their behalf. A real punchy mediterranean pasta blowout.
Roasted squash rigatoni:
1 butternut squash, skinned and diced
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
Handful of mixed olives
Handful of basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Pop the squash, tomatoes and garlic in a baking dish in the oven for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Combine the pasta with the vegetables, toss with olive oil and seasoning.
- Stir through the olives and torn basil.